-
September 8th, 2001, 02:55 PM
#11
MovieStuff
Guest
Well, of course, Nigel! Why would anyone buy consumer gear if they COULD buy professional gear from the start. I suppose you shoot everthing in 70mm, also? Why not? It's the best you can get, isn't it?
Obviously, everyone works on a budget of SOME kind, even Lucas and Spielberg. I don't think using ingenuity to save money that you don't have should be an issue, here. If it is for you, they why do you even frequent a Super 8 forum in the first place? You certainly aren't going to "convert" this flock, Brother Nigel. 
Roger
-
September 8th, 2001, 06:44 PM
#12
Nigel
Guest
I am not trying to convert anyone.
I am saying that if you save your pennies and buy something that is better later over buying something that will break now--you will actually save money in the long run.
I don't think that 70mm is what everyone would shoot because you think it is the best. You shoot what is the best for the situation. Just like you shoot 35mm some days and 4x5 on others.
Good Luck
------------------
-
September 8th, 2001, 07:05 PM
#13
MovieStuff
Guest
Which is why some days you use Radio Shack products and some days you use Sony. What's the diff? I agree that if you have the money, buying better equipment is, well, better. But obviously we're talking about people on a budget and you can't save money for a rainy day if you don't have that money to begin with. Sometimes you just have to make the best with what you have. Also, resourcefulness doesn't necessarilly preclude quality. Some "custom" creations work damn good; better than some of the "pro" stuff I've seen. But I do agree that if you have the money, there's no sense sacrificing quality.
Roger
-
September 9th, 2001, 06:43 AM
#14
Nigel
Guest
I bought plenty of things knowing that I would have to skip out on going to the bar for six months only so that I could have the right shit to start with. I bought my first Aaton that way--I am glad that I did so that I could be ahead now instead of trying to catch up later.
I think that I have said all I want to.
Please people--Don't try to nickle and dime your way to fame. Buy into you dream and your passion--invest in what you know will bring you happiness--otherwise you are selling off your dreams for a pile of shit which will just make you sad and bitter. Good Luck
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks